Safety Officer Teleconferences
The calls are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 11:30AM Eastern Time and are held to only 30 minutes long. It is free to join the call. For more information, please see below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Safety Officer Teleconferences are moving dates! Calls are now every second and fourth WEDNESDAY of each month. Thank you.
The next call is:
Wednesday, September 10, 2014, at 11:30am EDT.
We are resuming our normal format with an open forum among callers to discuss various issues involved with safety management. We will still have guest speakers from time to time on special topics.
Our summer series with guest speakers has concluded. We wish to thank the following for participating:
This is a PHONE CONFERENCE CALL. Not a webinar.
Call: (712) 432-1100
Conference Code: 642902#
Moderator: Walter Kraujalis
IMPORTANT NOTE: The teleconferences are now being recorded and available for playback from the website as a podcast. This will be a more effective way of capturing the comments then the meeting notes. Thank you.
Allianz aviation insurance is the proud sponsor of the Safety Officer Teleconferences. Ask your aviation insurance broker about more of the safety services offered by Allianz.
Click on a date below for a link to the notes.
January 21, 2014 Notes
February 11, 2014 Notes
February 25, 2014 Notes
March 11, 2014 Notes
March 25, 2014 Notes
April 8, 2014 Notes
April 22, 2014 Notes
May 13, 2014 Notes
May 27, 2014 Notes
June 10, 2014 Notes
June 24, 2014 Notes
July 8, 2014 Tom Huff, Gulfstream, Slides
July 8, 2014 Tom Huff, Gulfstream, Video
August 12, 2014. PODCAST STREAM (31 min): Bernie Flashman, Pulsar Informatics, about Fatigue Management.
August 26, 2014 PODCAST STREAM (33 min): Bob Conyers, Baldwin Aviation about SMS issues.
About the Teleconferences
AeronomX is proud to host a series of regularly scheduled teleconferences open to those serving as Safety Officer in their flight department, as a forum to get together to compare notes, ideas, and problems dealing with Safety Management Systems (SMS).
In my years of experience as an auditor and in discussions in my workshops, I have found that there are few opportunities and thus little interaction among fellow flight department Safety Officers. The intent for these calls are for the sharing of safety processes information between Safety Officers and to foster a safety culture that spans flight departments and creates a think-tank for like-minded aviation professionals.
The calls will start with a topic currently affecting SMS processes which will lead into a short opening discussion. Afterwards, the floor would be open for any questions or concerns anyone has that that they would like to hear what everyone else thinks about it. Have your questions and comments ready. As the moderator, I will try to stay out of the way so that Safety Officers can talk to each other.
- The call is intended primarily for Safety Officers only, please.
- There is no cost to join a call. Join as many as you wish. We encourage your participation.
- The call starts promptly at 11:30AM Eastern time. Please try to call in by then, but join whenever you can.
- Calls are recorded and available for playback from this page.
- Though the teleconference computer says to announce yourself, its best that you don't say your full name/company, etc. It is OK to be anonymous. Please limit introductions to first name and only before you are about to comment on the call.
- Please use your phone's mute button to cut out background noise and un-mute when you wish to speak.
- We had 45 people on one of the calls, so it is impossible for everyone to talk – usually a few people will drive the conversation.
- I moderate the call, so if you have a question, comment, or issue to discuss with the group, just pipe up and I will try to pick out someone to go with their comment. If you want to make sure your question gets brought up in the call, email it to me in advance (email@example.com or using the form above) and as the moderator I will ask it of the group on your behalf (without your name if you wish, for anonymity).
- I will keep the discussion moving along and will end it after 30 minutes. I understand this will keep the amount of topics we can cover and the amount of the discussion limited, but will also more easy allow for more active listening participants with such a short time commitment.